Monday, March 03, 2008

Scatterbrained UPDATE


UPDATE:
That didnt take long... I already ended up making major changes to her hair and added some kind of hair bow thingy. As far as my actual coloring process, I'm a little all over the place... just feeling out what i think works. I do make sure to keep things pretty layered though. Sometimes I think Ive got too many layers...


I guess I instinctively tend to start painting detail in around the face. There's no rhyme or reason to where I start or what level of detail I work to. Since I feel that I run around aimlessly and uninspired at times it seems to keep me interested most. This is really rough and I'm sure that I'll end up pushing the contrast quite a bit as I move along, adding little things. And as always, who knows what the colors will be. I may even feel like dramatically changing her hair color or shape, who knows. I'm crazy like that. However, I'm liking the direction so far, so this is what I'm going with for now. I also seem to go really saturated with the colors off the bat. I may end up desaturating it a bit.
She's starting to look a little like my friend Jasmin. She was actually here this weekend from Dallas to celebrate our friend Sam's b-day! Drunken Karaoke was a good time! HAPPY BDAY SAM!
J...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking great so far! ^_^

GOGOPEDRO said...

that looks all kindsa wonderful there.....what are you using....Photoshop or More flash??

P

Jav said...

Thanks P...
All photoshop this time.

kevin said...

javier dude you rock

robi pena said...

Beautiful illustration!! I love it!! Greats!

Joe Karg said...

Your women are so cute. I always come to this blog when I'm think of drawing anything feminine.

Great stuff,
Joe

Beatriz Iglesias said...

Sweeeet! and nice!

Kyle Marshall said...

This looks real pertty, love the way you draw your women